Thursday, August 03, 2006

Prince Charming

Yesterday we had some serious weather here in Ontario.. this cloud took over in less than 5 minutes everything went pitch black... seconds later we lost power, and the neighbours outdoor dining canopies flew around smacking into walls and I was not sticking around to see them smash into windows too.. we retreated to the basement.. Where we found....

Prince charming!!!! my little toad and tomato gaurd!!! He had saught shelter from the storm too in my basement window well. He looked so desperate to come in, but I couldn't risk letting in his friend the mouse too so we just made faces to one another and kissed through the glass while the storm went on..

Prior to the rain I took my new Nikon D70 out for a test spin in the field, actually in search of a butterfly, which I never seem to fidn when my cameras are cocked locked and loaded. (why is it that the second I put them down a Monarch appears, fluttering aimlessly and precariously close to me). I did find Thistle in fields of milk weed.

5 Comments:

Blogger David (Snappy) said...

I can never get butterflies to stay still long enough for me to photograph them.Lovely thistle (oh flower of Scotland....).That toad is so cute.do they change into princes if you kiss them?Enjoy the new camera.I am mad now for wandering around looking for stuff to snap, gardening and home, cats are good too.

9:18 p.m.  
Blogger Carol Michel said...

That looks like a fierce storm! i assume because you ended up talking about your new camera, that you all came out okay!

10:01 p.m.  
Blogger Jenn said...

Fantastic toad picture!

2:27 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome toad picture!

10:15 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracey,
you should become a fulltime photographer. Your photos are beautiful and amazing. This is truly getting back to nature!

1:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home