Tuesday, July 11, 2006

My Confession..

I grow weed. Lots of it, in fact if I don't harvest the weed soon, it will expose itself to the neighbours. This side section of my yard was completely ignored, not by choice, but because I was *told* by the builder that the swails were to be dug up and redone this spring. Apparently I misunderstood and I figured the swail that had craters from the poor soil and bad drainage job was to be the swail to be dug up and redone, apparently that was a misconception on my part, instead the swail that was redone was fine and had no erosion whatsoever (until they dug up the sod and left the exposed soil for a month). Is it the builder that has no common sense? Or is this supposed to be the case.

In other Garden news, I have ladybug babies! Well hey if I can't procreate at least something in my garden can. I hope these ladies bring me as much luck as they can muster.
I also caught site of this by the tomato plants. Now let me confess.. ... I Cannot stand spiders. Even after photographing this (I apologize for the poor quality, I was not sticking around to photo over and over again, besides I sent a branch in to help out the ladybug right after I shot the photo since I saw some leg movement) but even now an hour later I still feel itchy and tingly. I know there are lots of spiders in my garden, I keep a keen eye for them when I am rummaging about. I know they are beneficial and blah blah blah, they are creepy and scarey to me, they are lucky to be so beneficial, but I would rather do without them. Just to let you know the ladybug did escape, but I am unsure if the spider wounded her with venom. My clematis, oh my clematis, I understand you like to grow your vine so high, but one flower, show me one flower just to know you want to shine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

So, you're making a joke about all the weeds in your yard, right? Because you confused me for a minute there. (Okay, I might still be confused, but that's probably not your fault.)

11:06 p.m.  
Blogger TraceyF said...

LOL, yes I am growing weed(s) Not the dry out and smoke kind.. but the take over your yard hang some christmas lights on them they are so big kind.

10:35 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh... Christmas lights. That's a great idea--maybe then people will just wonder if I'm purposely growing lots of some exotic plant that just happens to look like a weed! *grin*

9:22 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home