Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Queens of Sheba


My mother is my best friend. She is always there for me and I am so lucky to have such a close relationship with her. After all the stress that she and I have been through lately we decided to get away for an overnight pamper-fest at Hockley Valley Resort . Just an hour from my home we were already relaxed when we arrived. We were treated like Queens as soon as the front door swung open, and boy did we ever feel special. The spa was absoloutely Fab, the service was fantastic and the treatments were memorable. I have not had a spa experience quite as fantastic as this. After getting a much needed swedish massage and pedicure (we both suffer from gardeners feet), we trekked back to our room to enjoy a bottle of wine and get ready for dinner. At the Horizons restaurant we were served by the most cordial and friendly staff, our server Michael really made the dinner all that more enjoyable. I feasted on such amazing dishes as mussels in gorgonzola cream sauce to begin, followed by Lamb 2 ways for which the meat melted in my mouth, the mashed potatos were not even ordinary, the chef had prepared both white and sweet potatoes to make such a tasty combination. My meal finished with maple creme brule, so soft and silk that my mouth waters at even the thought of it. We were never rushed, and we enjoyed every bite. Our taste buds were not the only senses guiding us here, the sites and sounds of the resort were tranquil. There are swallows nesting everywhere in the crannies of the resort and they swoop and fly, the ovenbirds sing a song and the hawks glide over the horizon. The getaway mom and I used was the spa deal, $187.pp /pn included a $75 spa gift certificate, 3 course dinner and buffet breakfast. I want to convince C to go in August for golf/spa weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home