Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Thank you, Show Off!!

I wanted to reply to Karen's blog about garden blogging, but I thought it best that I did so here on my own blog, to cut down on rantings from other comments and such. I too read the article Karen had critiqued about Garden Voices and how it was "mainly people showing off their gardens..." To my response is, good, I am sooo glad someone is showing off their REAL LIFE garden. I must admit I browse the garden magazines, I have several garden books, and I ogle and drool over the super perfect displays at botanical gardens and photo feature spreads in Home and garden shows. I will even admit to watching Martha Stewart Living. I wonder what it would be like to pull up to a home with a few acres devoted to separated gardens, "and this is the antique rose garden darling.. Its absolutely fab! You must come by in fall to pick your own pumpkin from my patch, shall we dine in the courtyard or the English garden today?". I mean really! I am sooo happy to get REAL advice, real commentary, and see real garden ideas for a backyard the size of a ping pong table like mine. I enjoy hearing tips and tricks that save me cash from being green in the gardening realm and buying expensive items for that I read in books or mags thinking that every great gardener has one. Thank you to the ladies and Men that have posted their secrets to success and warned of failures, you have probably saved me hundreds of dollars and effort already!

2 Comments:

Blogger Naturegirl said...

I like what you said!!Hear hear to you.

10:31 p.m.  
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Oh, I wish I had known earlier that you wrote this. Thanks for the extra-long comment in the form of a blog post. (Those are the best!) ;-)

8:50 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home