Friday, May 05, 2006

Follow up to the organics program...

Tell me why I just spent the first week of this organics waste collection program carefully sorting, saving and spending $4.99 + tax on only 5 paper bags specific to this program only to watch the garbage man this morning take my green bin and dump it with the regular trash. We were extremely careful as to what we put in the bin, and the garbage collecter never even looked, just threw it all away.

I am not a strong believer in the program, from a pest spreading point of view, I will personally never purchase or use this compost, but I am rather miffed at the cost of the paper bags to line the bins, and then to see them thrown away! I would have been more ahead if I had just purchased a garbage tag!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home