Thursday, May 11, 2006

Filling the Generation Gap

Recently I have read what seems to be a great deal of discussion both on many blogs and in magazine articles regarding gardening as a leisure activity on the decline. While most points made by all authors are very valid, substantiated and well thought out, can't really be determined correct one way or another. However judging by the drones of gardeners of all shapes and sizes and abilities packing their wagons, minivans, trucks, and sedans with all that grows at nursery centres accross the land, I would say that leisure polls have dropped the ball on this one. I know that May 24 weekend is fast approaching and the Garden Gallery Will yet again require no less than 5 or 6 police officers to direct traffic through the intersection from Friday until Monday Eve to accomidate for the massive rush and urge to play with dirt ensues. For May 24 weekend in Central Ontario marks the real beginning of gardening season.. its the last of the frost.

In celebration of mothers day, my mom and I had a day out together yesterday, grazing over the abundance of flowers at her local nusery. I owe most of my gardening knowledge and skills from my mom, she has been faithfully reading my progress with this new garden, and making many suggestions along the way. She has been so excited about this blog craze (after reading many of the amazing garden blogs) she has begun her own to chronicle her own garden. My Secret Garden is my moms garden journal, and while I bend her ear for plant suggestions, she bends mine for blog instruction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home